PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Jan 20, 2011

My First Blog Post

I have decided to start a blog.  I don't know that I am actually a diva, LOL.  Maybe we all have a little diva inside of us, but I just love the way it all sounded, "Diary of a Dieting Diva", the D's running together so well.  Will anybody read my new blog?... I don't know!   Do I want people to read it?.... Yes I do.  I need to lose weight.  I need to lose weight for health reasons (and because I really do not feel good about myself anymore), I am embarrassed by my weight and I don't like feeling this way anymore.

I have what's called a "Vertebral Artery Dissection", which is basically a torn artery in my neck, it's the one of the vertebral arteries that supplies the brain.  How did I tear this artery...  Well I don't know, I guess I will never know.  Many people know how it happened, a car accident, the chiropractor, hairdresser putting their head in the basin, on a roller coaster, some sort of neck trauma.  Sometimes it can be just spontaneous, from ongoing undiagnosed high blood pressure.  So as my blood pressure has been borderline high for a couple of years I expect that is what it was.

I am now on medication, blood thinners to thin my blood and try to prevent a stroke, which would be due to a clot forming around the tear or the scar from the tear and travelling to the brain.  I'm also on blood pressure lowering medication.  Both my Neurologist (who treats the tear) and my cardiologist who is treating the blood pressure, said I needed to lose weight.  If I lost 10 to 15 kgs (22 to 33 pounds) it would greatly reduce the risk of this happening again and naturally lower my blood pressure.  This was August 2010.  It is now January 2011 and I am very embarrassed to say that I have actually PUT ON 5kgs (11 pounds)!!!!!

So I am starting a blog.  To share my journey to lose weight and become healthy.  It is not going to be an easy task.  I love chocolate, ice cream, chocolate and oh.. I love chocolate!

So please follow me, ask your friends to follow me and please post and make me accountable.  If I am naughty and fall off the bandwagon, help me get back on.

Thanks sharing my journey....

Monnie  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues